- Nodal EPC for Non Timber Forest Produce (NTFPs) and their value added variants
- Other Major Product Groups include Guar Gum and Sesame seeds
- 860 Individual Products
- Rs 13655 Crs of Exports in 2011-12
- Membership base of 676 active exporters
- A direct contributor to weaker sections of society – tribal women, marginal cultivators, economically challenged population from the North East, arid areas, etc.
Strategy 1: Achieving desired Market Share in Focus countries – USA, Germany, UK, Japan, China, Canada, Hong Kong, Egypt – currently accounting for 60%.
Strategy 2: Establish Vertical linkages to scale of Productivity, improve Quality, Consistency and Competitive edge to propel India’s exports.
Focus Products identified – Non Timber Forest Produces (NTFPs) &amp;amp; their variants, Guar Gum and Sesame Seeds currently accounting for 80%.
Strategy 3: Focus of value additions through Product Development and Application Research.
Strategy 4: Development of Brand India for sustainable Market impact.
Strategy 5: Evolve an Inclusive Growth model to partner rural poor.
Our strategic plans convey our commitment to the twin objectives of Export Enhancement with concomitant Employment Generation.
SHEFEXIL’s North-East Mandate
SHEFEXIL is a direct contributor to economically challenged sections of
Society – tribal women, marginal cultivators, economically challenged population from the North East, arid areas, etc. SHEFEXIL is active with a multifaceted role to…
- Grant RCMC to Multi-product Exporters having Head office or Registered office in the North-East Region
- Oversee Exports from the North-East Region
- Organize Export Promotion
- Activities to boost Exports from the North-East Region
- Undertake Developmental Activities to enhance Exports from the North-East Region
- Highlight all constraints and barriers to enhance Exports from North-East Region to all policy making bodies
- Contribute towards policy making at the National level on all matters relating to unlocking the potential of the North-East Region.
North -East Region is a paradise waiting to be touched by prosperity. North-East is richly endowed with forest products, and Shefexil and North-East have a symbiotic relationship to offer excellent potential for Exports of Minor Forest Produce. With 98% of its borders forming India‘s international boundaries with China, Bangladesh, Myanmar and Bhutan, it has strong potential to become an International Market Base. North-East India is also poised to convert into a strategic base for foreign &amp;amp; domestic investors to tap the vast contiguous markets of S.E. Asia &amp;amp; East Asia – China, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia &amp;amp; other far East Asian countries.