North-East Region is a paradise waiting to be touched by prosperity. With 98% of its borders forming India’s international boundaries with China, Bangladesh, Myanmar and Bhutan, it has strong potential to become an International Marketing Base.
With phenomenal bio-diversity and forest wealth including herbs, aromatic plants, etc., North-East India is also poised to convert into a strategic base for foreign 8 domestic investors to tap the vast contiguous markets of S.E. Asia 8 East Asia – China, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia 8 other far East-Asian countries.
• ASSAM – Agar Agar • MEGHALAYA – Hill Broom, Medicinal Herbs, Asafoetida • ARUNACHAL PRADESH – Largest state in N.E. with 82 % forest cover. Medicinal plants, herbs, bamboo, cane and oleoresins • MIZORAM – Bamboo. Around 57% under Bamboo • MANIPUR – One of the 18 bio-diversity hot spots of the world. Bamboo, Cane, Reed Brooms &amp;amp; Medicinal herbs • TRIPURA – 70% covered by Forest. Bamboo, Rattan &amp;amp; Cane • NAGALAND – Medicinal Plants &amp;amp; herbs.
SHEFEXIL is active with a multifaceted role to:
- Grant RCMC to Multi-product Exporters having Head office / Registered office in the North-East Region
- Oversee Exports from the North-East Region
- Organize Export Promotion Activities to boost Exports from the North-East Region
- Undertake Developmental Activities to enhance Exports from the North-East Region
- Highlight all constraints and barriers to enhance Exports from North-East Region to all policy making bodies
- Contribute towards policy making at the National level on all matters relating to unlocking the potential of the North-East Region
The North East region has great natural heritage, multifarious human talent and immense potential of growth and development. To present this beautiful region in the international arena and to create a climate for informed preference for the Products and Services emanating from this region, SHEFEXILis working towards building and promoting a brand NER.
This finds resonance in the NER Vision 2020 – “A NE brand in the pattern of Incredible India to be developed, positioning its uniqueness and projecting how it is different from other competing destinations. The entire region to be marketed as one destination.”
For appropriately positioning the North East Region, SHEFEXIL is committed to:
- Provide thought leadership and innovative policies to establish leadership status in this region
- Focus on neighbour countries in Phase I Bangladesh, Myanmar, China, Bhutan Phase II focus – South East Asia
- Finalize Focus products – Medicinal plants, Bamboo, Horticulture, etc
- Conduct BSM’s, Trade Exhibitions Position NER as the Trade hub of SE Asia Move towards removing all hurdles for smooth exchange of Trade
- Position NER as the Trade hub of SE Asia Move towards removing all hurdles for smooth exchange of Trade